Thursday, July 4, 2013

Minnie's One-Dish Meal

It's been over two years since I shared my last recipe on here. That's kind of sad, since I love cooking and photography so much, but my life's been so busy and fulfilling that I wouldn't have it any other way!

This is an original recipe by Minnie Elkins, my great-grandmother from Iowa. I can imagine there's a story behind the creation of the recipe. Maybe Grandma Minnie needed to make her spaghetti stretch to feed a few more hungry bellies, so she just threw in whatever was handy and no one was the wiser.  In any case, this dish is down-right tasty, satisfying, home-comfort cookin' at its best. And it comes highly recommended by several generations of Minnie's kin. ;)

  • 1 lb. ground beef, moose, or caribou
  • 1/2 C. chopped onion
  • 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
  • 2 C. spaghetti sauce
  • 1 (15.oz) can creamed corn
  • 1/2 lb. cream cheese, cut
  • 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
  • Bread crumbs, buttered

Brown ground meat and onion in skillet. Cook spaghetti until done. Add to meat the spaghetti, sauce, corn, and cream cheese. Put in 2 quart baking dish and spread mushroom soup over top. Can use fine bread crumbs or two slices of bread, buttered; sprinkle evenly over top of mushroom soup. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.



No comments: